Dispose of Household Hazardous Waste and e-Waste the right way on Saturday, June 22, 2019.
BUSINESS WASTE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
What you CAN bring to an event (examples):
- Brake fluid, paint, paint thinner, cleaners with acid or lye, pesticides or herbicides, household batteries and car batteries, pool chemicals, motor oil, oil filters, expired pharmaceuticals, anti-freeze, and fluorescent light bulbs.
- Household electronic waste which includes
Computer monitors, televisions, computer CPUs, keyboards, printers, cell phones, etc.
What you CAN'T bring to an event:
- Waste from businesses
- Explosives, ammunition and radioactive materials.
- Trash and tires
- White goods such as refrigerators, stoves, and washing machines, etc.
- Controlled substances
How to prepare items for transportation:
- Bring the items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled container.
- Do not mix the items together.
- There is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip.
- Be prepared to leave your containers and boxes. Remove all other items from your trunk.
Home generated sharps waste such as hypodermic needles, pen needles, syringes, lancets, and intravenous needles SHOULD NOT be placed in your trash. Bring them to the Roundups or visit www.888CLEANLA.com for alternative disposal options.
You can also take your used motor oil to more than 600 oil recycling centers in Los Angeles County. Call 1(888) CLEAN-LA for a complete listing.
Brought to you by the County of Los Angeles and presented by the Department of Public Works and the Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County in cooperation with the cities of Claremont, La Verne, Pomona, and San Dimas.
Date: Saturday, June 22, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Location: Fairplex, LA County Fair, Hotel & Exposition Complex, Gate 9. 2118 N. White Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768
- Open to all LA County residents
- No business waste accepted
- Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original label containers
- Limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip
- No explosives, ammunition, radioactive materials, trash, tires, large appliances like refrigerators, stoves, and washing machines or controlled substances.
- Be prepared to leave containers and boxes. Remove all other items from your trunk. Please remain in your vehicle during collection.