La Verne Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District (EIFD)
The City of La Verne has established an Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District (EIFD) near the City’s future Gold Line light rail station at E Street and Arrow Highway with a sub-area near Wheeler Avenue and Arrow Highway. The purpose of this district is to establish a funding mechanism that can facilitate the construction of infrastructure improvements in these areas. The establishment of the EIFD will not result in any new taxes or fees to the property owners.
The property tax increment (the amount above the property taxes collected in the base year (2017/2018)) that the City and County receives would be specifically restricted to pay for the 14 identified infrastructure projects listed in the Infrastructure Financing Plan (IFP) at an estimated cost of $33 million. These infrastructure improvements include utility upgrades, undergrounding of overhead utilities, street improvements, pedestrian connectivity, and aesthetic improvements including landscaping and lighting upgrades.
Bonds would be issued that would pay for these projects once new development occurs in the District. The idea is by having the improvements in place sooner it will spur development to occur faster, which in turn will help to pay for more of the identified projects.
A separate body, the Public Financing Authority (PFA), was established to oversee the creation of the EIFD and who was responsible for the adoption of the final IFP. The PFA will be responsible for the issuance of the bonds in the future as well.
UPDATE (08/05/2020): At the July 29, 2020 PFA meeting, the authority approved PFA Ordinance No. 01 approving the Amended and Restated Infrastructure Financing Plan. The second reading of the ordnance will occur at the next PFA meeting on August 12, 2020. pdf Public Finance Authority Agenda & Packet: Aug 12, 2020 (586 KB)
And here is a link to the public protest hearing notice: pdf Notice: July 29, 2020 - Public Finance Authority Adjournment (ELFD) (13 KB)
UPDATE (04/30/2020): The Public Financing Authority will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, May 6, 2020 at 9AM which can be viewed at www.cityoflaverne.org/stream. Here is a link to the full agenda packet: pdf Public Finance Authority Agenda & Packet: May 6, 2020 (7.96 MB)
UPDATE (02/12/2020): The County of Los Angeles has agreed to partner with La Verne on its EIFD by contributing 50% of its tax increment to the district to help fund the infrastructure improvements (Press Release).
The Infrastructure Financing Plan has been amended to show the County’s participation and is currently in DRAFT form until the PFA can hold a series of public hearings to review the plan, take any comments or testimony on the plan, and then ultimately adopt the amended IFP (expected Summer of 2020).
The updated DRAFT documents are here:
- pdf EIFD: La Verne Amended and Restated IFP (1.14 MB)
- pdf EIFD: Increment Contribution Summary (49 KB)
- pdf EIFD: Fiscal Impact Analysis (166 KB)
- pdf EIFD: Notice of Workshop (326 KB)
Previous documents relating to La Verne’s Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District are provided below.
NPR did a segment on La Verne's EIFD: https://www.kcrw.com/news/shows/zocalos-connecting-california/leading-the-way-in-laverne
- pdf Adopted Infrastructure Financing Plan (1.05 MB)
- pdf Exhibit A (5.79 MB)
- pdf Exhibit B (995 KB)
- pdf Exhibit C (162 KB)
- pdf Exhibit D (64 KB)
- pdf Notice of Exemption (94 KB)
Updated documents (09/18/18):
City Hall Information
3660 D Street
La Verne, CA 91750
Tue and Thu -- 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Fridays & Weekends -- Closed
|After Hours Emergency
- A Growing La Verne is Taking Steps to Usher in the City’s Bright Future
- City of La Verne Reformats Its Virtual Council Meetings to Allow For More Community Engagement
- City of La Verne Preserves Las Flores Park Redwood Trees By Modifying Plans for Community Teen Center
- City of La Verne Moves Forward with Updating Its Short-Term Rental Laws
- City of La Verne Awards Seven Local Projects and Businesses for Outstanding Achievement in Development
- City of La Verne Fosters Inclusion Through Its Involvement in the Local Cultural Awareness and Social Inclusion Committee
- Positive News on the City of La Verne Finances
- The Commons at Amherst: La Verne’s Newest Single-Family Home Development Project
- City of La Verne Looks to Address Homelessness With Its New Prevention & Diversion Program
- City of La Verne Expands its Support of Community's Seniors
Notice: May 3, 2021 - Paramedic Service Fee
Notice: May 17, 2021 - Fee Resolution
Notice: April 19, 2021 - Amherst
Notice: Two Vacancies Exist on the Measure LV Citizen Oversight Committee
Notice of Intent: Baseline Road Single-Family Residential and Annexation Tentative Tract Map 82001 Project
Local Appointment List 2021
Notice: January 2021- Full Street Closure at Fulton Rd Railroad Crossing Feb 1 - Apr 23, 2021
Notice of Availability EIR - Amherst
Confirmation of Weed Abatement Clearance Charges
City Deploys Second Paramedic Unit