Census 2020 - Be Counted!
Beginning in March, every household will receive a notice from the U.S. Census Bureau with instructions on how to complete the census survey online. The form can be completed in about 10 minutes either online, by mail or over the phone. You will be asked questions like your age and whether you own or rent your home.
Every household should receive a letter requesting that they complete a census survey by Census Day on April 1, 2020!
What is the Census?
The census is a process that happens once every 10 years in which we count EVERYONE living in the United States, regardless of age, race, immigration status or zip code.
Why is the Census important to me?
Data from the census helps determine how much federal funding your community will receive for important services that we depend on. Our schools and hospitals rely on these resources. And it means more funding for child care centers, parks, Head Start programs, senior services and even better roads. More people counted means more money for your community over the next 10 years.
Who needs to be counted in the Census?
Everyone who lives in the United States must be counted in the census, regardless of their age, race or ethnicity, zip code or immigration status. Everyone who lives with you must be counted – including all children.
Is the Census private?
Under current census laws, your responses are kept confidential and can only be used by the government to produce statistics.
- pdf Census 2020: Census is coming to LA County (1.34 MB)
- pdf Census 2020: Get The Facts (1.26 MB)
- pdf Census 2020: Key Dates - Census coming to Los Angeles (178 KB)
- pdf Census 2020: [Spanish] Census is coming to LA County (1.36 MB)
- pdf Census 2020: [Spanish] Get The Facts (1.27 MB)
- pdf Census 2020: [Spanish] Key Dates - Census coming to Los Angeles (179 KB)
- Website: census.lacounty.gov