Unless otherwise stated, all indoor senior programs and events are held at the La Verne Community Center located at 3680 "D" Street, La Verne, CA 91750.
Dance, socialize, and have fun out our prom-themed Senior Dinner Dance Extravaganza! Also, enjoy dinner, some wine throughout the night, and live music! $12 pre-paid tickets are required to reserve your spot at the dance.
Sunday, November 6 · 4:00-7:00 PM
La Verne Community Center
$12 per person
Registration begins Monday, September 19
To choose your assigned table, you must register at the Community Services Office, 3660 "D" Street, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. Seating is limited, do not delay!
For more questions on our Senior Dinner Dance Extravaganzas, please contact the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Sponsored by Optum and TMB Insurance
Come and enjoy a FREE movie and light refreshments every 2nd Monday of each month at 12:30 PM. Located at the La Verne Community Center 3680 "D" Street, La Verne, CA. Additionally, everyone in attendance is automatically entered into a raffle! Winners are announced at the end of each movie. For more information, please contact the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
"The Post" , Starring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep
Monday, November 14 · 12:30 PM
La Verne Community Center
Sponsored by HRBC Insurance
Put on your best salsa shoes and join us for a Latin Line Dancing Party! Enjoy light refreshments, snacks, photo opportunities, and more! Instructor, Roger Hwang will teach various line dancing techniques and routines to catchy Latin music! Don't forget to dress up for the occasion! Fees collected go towards all senior programming.
Halloween Line Dancing Party
Thursday, October 27 · 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
La Verne Community Center
$2 fee to be collected at the door - day of event
If you have any questions, please contact the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Sponsored by TMB Insurance
Senior Activities, Programs, & Seminars
Senior Programs require a nominal fee to be paid for each class attended.
- Pinochle - Mondays at 9:00 AM
- Antique Clock repair - Tuesdays at 12:00 PM
- Woodcarvers - Tuesdays at 3:30 PM
- Senior Scrapbooking - every last Tuesday at 4:00 PM
- Duplicate Bridge - Wednesdays at 12:15 PM
- Creativity Den - Wednesdays at 10:00 AM
- International Line Dancing - Thursdays at 10:00 AM
- Bingo - Fridays at 9:00 AM
You may register and pay for trips either online or in-person at the La Verne Community Services Office located at City Hall (3660 "D" Street).
- Oktoberfest ($40) - Thursday, October 13 · 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (last day to reserve/cancel - September 26)
- Oak Tree Mountain ($85) - Tuesday, October 25 · 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM (last day to reserve/cancel - September 29)
- San Diego Zoo ($95) - Wednesday, November 2 · 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM (last day to reserve/cancel - October 6)
- Leonis Adobe Museum ($60) - Tuesday, November 15 · 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (last day to reserve/cancel - October 27)
- Newport Christmas Boat Parade ($30) - Wednesday, December 14 · 2:00 - 9:30 PM (last day to reserve/cancel - November 28)
- Rose Parade Float Tour ( $40) - Tuesday, January 3 · 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (last day to reserve/cancel - December 15)
Refunds will not be processed or permitted past the registration period.
2022 Fall/Winter Senior Seminar Series
All seminars are held at the La Verne Community Center and begin at 9:30am.
- Diabetes Doc Talk - Friday, September 16 · Presented by Regal Medical / Dr. Isho
- Medicare 101 - Wednesday, September 28 · Presented by TMB Insurance
- Medicare 101 - Friday, October 14 · Presented by TMB Insurance
- Foot Health - Wednesday, October 26 · Presented by Casa Colina
- Reverse Mortgage - Wednesday, November 2 · Presented by Loan Advisors Group
- Medicare 101 - Friday, November 4 · Presented by TMB Insurance
- Understanding Dementia - Friday, December 9 · Presented by Alzheimer's Association
Those interested in attending must RSVP by calling the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Senior Golf League
Come join the La Verne Senior Golf League! This group often plays at Marshall Canyon in various competitive games. If you are interested in joining this league please call either George Borst at 909-596-3982 or Ed Linberg at 909-392-6688.
If you like to walk, talk, and make new friends, come join the Senior Strutters walking group! They walk every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in various locations. Walks start at 7am sharp! For more information or to join, please call Anna Grubb at 909-730-3322.
Looking for fellow hikers! This group seeks hikes as often as 5 days a week. Terrains range from mountains, to foothills, and even the beach! If you are interested in joining this group please call Julie Cosgrove at 909-592-7984.
Grab & Go Senior Meals!
If you are a La Verne Resident and 60 years of age or older - you may apply to receive meals through our Senior Nutrition Program. Those that qualify pick-up 5 frozen meals and 2 fresh meals every Thursday at the La Verne Community Center from 10am - 12:30pm.
For more information or to sign-up please call the La Verne Community Center at
The Return of In-Person Congregate Meals
After more than two years of adapted programming, congregate meals have returned to the La Verne Community Center!
Check-in begins at 10:30 AM
Lunch is served at 11:30 AM
Stop by the La Verne Community Center (3680 "D" Street) for some hot and nutritious meals every Tuesday and Wednesday. Congregate meals are open to LA County residents that are at least, 60 years of age or older.
A suggested donation of $3.00 is greatly appreciated to help offset the cost of meals. During your first visit, you will be asked to complete a short in-take form that includes verification of age.
For more information, please call the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Free Attorney Services
Anna Valiente Gomez, Attorney-at-Law, will be available to answer questions in-person, on an appointment basis starting at 10am. Her appointments are held at the La Verne Community Center (3680 "D'" Street) on the 4th Friday of every month. To schedule your appointment please call 909-596-8776.
Senior Gas Pumping Program
The program is for those needing assistance with gas pumping, window washing, etc. If interested, please visit the La Verne Community Center (3680 "D" Street), Monday through Thursday between 8:00am and 5:00pm to pick-up a free red placard that identifies you as in need of gas station assistance. Can be used at the participating gas stations:
- La Verne Shell, 2510 Foothill Blvd. (after 11am)
- J.R. Shell Service, 1808 White Ave.
- Vons Gas, 1600 Foothill Blvd.