Unless otherwise stated, all indoor senior programs and events are held at the La Verne Community Center located at 3680 "D" Street, La Verne, CA 91750.
Sunday, November 5 · 4:00-7:00 PM
La Verne Community Center
$12 per person
Registration begins Monday, September 19th
Dance, socialize, and have fun at our Country themed Senior Dinner Dance Extravaganza! Also, enjoy dinner, a glass of wine, and live music! $12 pre-paid tickets are required to reserve your spot at the dance.
To choose your assigned table, you must register at the Community Services Office, 3660 "D" Street, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. Seating is limited, do not delay!
For more questions on our Senior Dinner Dance Extravaganzas, please contact the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Sponsored by TBM Insurance.
Come and enjoy a FREE movie and light refreshments every 2nd Monday of each month at 12:30 PM. Located at the La Verne Community Center 3680 "D" Street, La Verne, CA. Additionally, everyone in attendance is automatically entered into a raffle! Winners are announced at the end of each movie. For more information, please contact the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Monday, September 11 · 12:30 PM
La Verne Community Center
The Family Stone
Staring Claire Danes, Diane Keaton, Rachel McAdams, Dermot Mulroney, Craig T. Nelson, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Luke Wilson
Sponsored by HRBC Insurance
Put on your best Irish attire and join us for an International Line Dancing Party! Enjoy light refreshments, snacks, photo opportunities, and more! Instructor, Roger Hwang will teach various line dancing techniques and routines to catchy music! Don't forget to dress up for the occasion! Fees collected go towards all senior programming.
International Line Dancing Party
Thursday, August 31 · 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
La Verne Community Center
$2 fee to be collected at the door - day of event
If you have any questions, please contact the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Sponsored by TMB Insurance.
Senior Activities, Programs, & Seminars
Senior Programs require a nominal fee to be paid for each class attended.
- Antique Clock repair - Tuesdays at 12:00 PM
- Woodcarvers - Tuesdays at 3:30 PM
- Senior Scrapbooking - Every last Tuesday at 4:00 PM
- The Creative Space - Wednesdays at 10:00 AM
- Duplicate Bridge - Wednesdays at 12:15 PM
- Bingo - Wednesdays at 12:30 PM
- International Line Dancing - First four Thursdays
- Beginner at 10:00 AM | Intermediate/Advanced at 11:00 AM
2023 Fall Senior Seminar Series
All seminars are held at the La Verne Community Center and begin at 9:30am.
- HUD in Reverse Mortgage - Wednesday, September 6 · Presented by Longbridge Financial
- Pros and Cons of Reverse Mortgage - Wednesday, September 13 · Presented by Change Home Mortgage
- Medicare - Friday, September 22 · Presented by TMB Insurance
- Using a Reverse Mortgage to your Advantage - Wednesday, October 11 · Presented by Change Home Mortgage
- Why the Myth's about Reverse Mortgage are Not Accurate - Wednesday, October 25 · Presented by Longbridge Financial
- Stop Falling! Home Safety & Preventing Falls and Injuries - Friday, November 3 · Presented by Independance at Home
- Medicare - Wednesday, November 8 · Presented by TMB Insurance
- Beating the Holiday Blues - Friday, November 17 · Presented by Independance at Home
Those interested in attending must RSVP by calling the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Senior Golf League
Come join the La Verne Senior Golf League! This group often plays at Marshall Canyon in various competitive games. If you are interested in joining this league please call either George Borst at 909-596-3982 or Ed Linberg at 909-392-6688.
If you like to walk, talk, and make new friends, come join the Senior Strutters walking group! They walk every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in various locations. Walks start at 7am sharp! For more information or to join, please call Anna Grubb at 909-730-3322.
Looking for fellow hikers! This group seeks hikes as often as 5 days a week. Terrains range from mountains, to foothills, and even the beach! If you are interested in joining this group please call Julie Cosgrove at 909-592-7984.
In-Person Congregate Meals
Check-in begins at 9:30 AM
Lunch is served at 11:30 AM
Stop by the La Verne Community Center (3680 "D" Street) for some hot and nutritious meals every Wednesday and Friday. Congregate meals are open to LA County residents that are at least, 60 years of age or older.
A suggested donation of $3.00 is greatly appreciated to help offset the cost of meals. During your first visit, you will be asked to complete a short in-take form that includes verification of age.
For more information, please call the La Verne Community Center at 909-596-8776.
Meals on Wheels
Hot lunch delivered by a friendly volunteer to any eligible homebound resident in the San Dimas/La Verne area. Regular and diabetic menus are available.
Meals are delivered Monday thru Friday between 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM and the cost is $6.25 per meal.
For more information, please call Meals on Wheels at (909) 596-1828.
Free Attorney Services
Anna Valiente Gomez, Attorney-at-Law, will be available to answer questions in-person, on an appointment basis starting at 10am. Her appointments are held at the La Verne Community Center (3680 "D'" Street) on the 4th Friday of every month. To schedule your appointment please call 909-596-8776.
Senior Gas Pumping Program
The program is for those needing assistance with gas pumping, window washing, etc. If interested, please visit the La Verne Community Center (3680 "D" Street), Monday through Thursday between 8:00am and 5:00pm to pick-up a free red placard that identifies you as in need of gas station assistance. Can be used at the participating gas stations:
- La Verne Shell, 2510 Foothill Blvd. (after 11am)
- J.R. Shell Service, 1808 White Ave.
- Vons Gas, 1600 Foothill Blvd.