Unless otherwise stated, all indoor senior programs and events are held at the La Verne Community Center located at 3680 "D" Street, La Verne, CA 91750.
Senior Activities, Programs, & Seminars
Senior Programs require a nominal fee to be paid for each class attended.
- Pinochle - Mondays at 9am
- Antique Clock repair - Tuesdays at 12pm
- Woodcarvers - Tuesdays at 3:30pm
- Senior Scrapbooking - every last Tuesday at 4pm
- Duplicate Bridge - Wednesdays at 12:15pm
- Creativity Den - Wednesdays at 10am
- International Line Dancing - Thursdays at 10am
- Bingo - Fridays at 9am
Spring 2022 Excursions
You may register and pay for trips either online or in-person at the La Verne Community Services Office located at City Hall (3660 "D" Street).
- Catalina Island (Sold Out) - Saturday, May 14th
- Santa Monica (Sold Out) - Wednesday, June 8th
- Valley View Casino ($30) - Friday, June 10th * last day to register 6/1/22. Register online now.
Refunds will not be processed or permitted past the registration period.
2022 Spring Senior Seminar Series
All seminars are held at the La Verne Community Center and begin at 9:30am.
- Mindfulness & Meditation - Friday, May 13th
- A Better Aging Experience - Friday, June 10th
- Emergency Preparedness - Wednesday, June 22nd
Those interested in attending must RSVP by calling the La Verne Community Center at
Senior Golf League
Come join the La Verne Senior Golf League! This group often plays at Marshall Canyon in various competitive games. If you are interested in joining this league please call either George Borst at 909-596-3982 or Ed Linberg at 909-392-6688.
If you like to walk, talk, and make new friends, come join the Senior Strutters walking group! They walk every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in various locations. Walks start at 7am sharp! For more information or to join, please call Anna Grubb at 909-730-3322.
Looking for fellow hikers! This group seeks hikes as often as 5 days a week. Terrains range from mountains, to foothills, and even the beach! If you are interested in joining this group please call Julie Cosgrove at 909-592-7984.
Grab & Go Senior Meals!
If you are a La Verne Resident and 60 years of age or older - you may apply to receive meals through our Senior Nutrition Program. Those that qualify pick-up 5 frozen meals and 2 fresh meals every Thursday at the La Verne Community Center from 10am - 12:30pm.
For more information or to sign-up please call the La Verne Community Center at
Free Attorney Services
Anna Valiente Gomez, Attorney-at-Law, will be available to answer questions in-person, on an appointment basis starting at 10am. Her appointments are held at the La Verne Community Center (3680 "D'" Street) on the 4th Friday of every month. To schedule your appointment please call 909-596-8776.
Senior Gas Pumping Program
The program is for those needing assistance with gas pumping, window washing, etc. If interested, please visit the La Verne Community Center (3680 "D" Street), Monday through Thursday between 8:00am and 5:00pm to pick-up a free red placard that identifies you as in need of gas station assistance. Can be used at the participating gas stations:
- La Verne Shell, 2510 Foothill Blvd. (after 11am)
- J.R. Shell Service, 1808 White Ave.
- Vons Gas, 1600 Foothill Blvd.